2PM JaeBum doesn't deserve all this HATRED

Sep 8, 2009


I was really happy today knowing that Dara’s single Kiss is doing good in charts and people have been giving her more love and support until I heard about 2PM’s leader Jaebum has left Korea and his 2PM group just because of his previous comments in myspace 4 years ago.

"Jaebeom reportedly arrives at 12:40PM PST in Seattle."


Because of it, a lot of netizens got angry about it and even going too far on creating a suicide petition for him entitled as “Jaebeom Should Commit Suicide”. I was relieved to know that there were other people who still supported him and have forgiven him which they have also done a petition to forgive Jae entitled as “Please Forgive Our Jaebeom Just This Once”.

This just made my heart torn apart. I got really sad about this news. Thanks to those ANTI-Fans who crushed and ruined his dreams. I may not be a die-hard fan of 2PM but this group has captured my heart because of their talents and crazy characters that is beyond a celebrity. I would always be laughing whenever I watch their shows and keeps on smiling whenever they perform. Doing this to him has gone too far. Jae is such a talented person and not to mention he’s an ideal leader.

UPDATE: JAY’S APOLOGY AS TRANSLATED BY [info]sparkskey

2PM Park Jaebum issues public apology ‘I’m really sorry and embarrassed

2PM’s Park Jaebum has made an official apology over the comments made about Korea.

Jaebum posted on American social networking site in 2005 & 2007 saying ‘I want to go back to America’ ‘I hate Korea’, after such insulting comments have been found, he has received a lot of criticism.

Park Jaebum has confessed to posting such things at 12:13PM and posted at his fancafe with the title ‘Park Jaebum’s apology’, trying to express this apology through the post.

Jaebum said “I would like to apologize for the things I posted on myspace a few years ago. Sorry’ ‘and ‘I returned to Korea in Jan 05 when I was a high school student. Being born and bred in America, I had hardly any understanding of Korea, and when I first came to Korea, I couldn’t speak the language, couldn’t adapt to the food, and didn’t know and didn’t understand Korean culture’ ‘My family was all in America and when I came to Korea it seemed like everyone was being cold to me. I had no idea when I would debut and I was really lonely. It was a really difficult and lonely period for me due to various reasons. I missed home, felt like giving up and wanted to go back to my family in America.”explaining the reasons behind his posts.

Jaebum has issued a sincere apology saying ‘I posted such things because I really hated how I was living then and got really worked up. I was really young then and didn’t express myself well’ ‘I was young, didn’t have enough sense and because it was a difficult period, and I made these mistakes due to the situations I was facing at that point in time. I posted those words 4 years ago and I have completely changed since then. I will try not to make such mistakes in future’.

Jaebum’s apology letter are as follows:

Hello everyone, I’m 2PM’s Park Jaebum. I would like to apologize for the words I typed on myspace a few years ago. Sorry. I would like to explain my feelings then and apologize for them
I returned to Korea in Jan 05 when I was a high school student. Being born and bred in America, I had hardly any understanding of Korea, and when I first came to Korea, I couldn’t speak the language, couldn’t adapt to the food, and didn’t know and didn’t understand Korean culture

My family was all in America and when I came to Korea it seemed like everyone was being cold to me. I had no idea when I would debut and I was really lonely. It was a really difficult and lonely period for me due to various reasons. I missed home, felt like giving up and wanted to go back to my family in America.
I posted such things because I really hated how I was living then and got really worked up. I was really young then and didn’t express myself well’ ‘I was young, didn’t have enough sense and because it was a difficult period, and I made these mistakes due to the situations I was facing at that point in time.

And as time passed I forgot that I had ever posted such things. Looking back, I’m really sorry and embarrassed for writing such things. I have since adapted to Korea and completely changed my mind set. I’m thankful for all everything I went through so that I could perform on stage. I posted those words 4 years ago and I have completely changed since then.

Our family, Hottest and our 2PM members, I’m really sorry to everyone as well as everyone who loves 2PM.

Translated by: [info]sparkskey
Korean source: Newsen


He has already apologized to the public and I just hope these haters would stop making his life more miserable. No one deserves this and people should just learn to forgive. For Pete’s sake, it happened 4 years ago and they could just have to understand what he went through after all those years. He was still a kid back then and feeling so down and pissed about what happened to him is normal. He’s still a person anyway and has feelings too. Some people should know that and don’t be too narrow-minded. Those kinds of people only want to bring one’s dream to be shuttered. They rejoice putting one person down. Those kinds of people should be the one left not forgiven. I’ll pray for Jae’s happiness and hopes that he’ll overcome all these unpleasant things that have happened to him.

Reference and Credits: allkpop + sookyeong

blog comments powered by Disqus

My Monthly Quote

It's pointless to just envy other people's worlds.
I have to change my world myself.


- Sinichi Chiaki,
Nodame Cantabile

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP