Good news to Filipino Blackjacks

Nov 6, 2009

2NE1 camp eyes Young JV


Rising hip hop and R&B artist Young JV may just get the biggest break in his career next year if he could seal the deal to be one of the front acts at Korean girl group 2NE1's planned Manila concert.

Nothing is final yet, but Young JV informed Manila Bulletin Entertainment Online that the promoter for the concert has already contacted him and his road manager to make arrangements.

"The promoter's name is D-Mac, a former schoolmate of mine. He already knew that I have an album out but it was really my videos on YouTube that got him interested in getting me for the concert," said Young JV in an exclusive interview.

If plans push through, the 2NE1 concert will be held at Araneta Coliseum in March.

"D-Mac and I already talked on the phone and I think some people are also trying get Rain and The Wonder Girls (act behind the hit song, 'Nobody') to hold separate concerts here," said Young JV.

If all goes well, Young JV said that his talent fee would be of no issue since he knows how big 2NE1 is in Asia nowadays.

"Even if they give me a small talent fee, I'll accept the offer. Even if they only had a bottle of water for a fee, I'll go out there and perform for the exposure doing so will give me," said he who counts 2NE1's "Fire" and "I Don't Care" singles as ones he is most familiar with.

While waiting for things to fall into place, Young JV is busy tending to his career that continues to gather steam. He is set to release "Don't Know You," the latest single from his debut CD, "Ready Or Not." The song is in collaboration with singer Heide Riego and has a video directed by Treb Monteras II.

"'Don't Know You' talks about taking it slow with someone because you want to get to know that person better before taking the relationship to a different level. We went for a simple and clean look for the video because the song is the feel-good type," he said.

Meanwhile, Young JV's Lahing Bayani Foundation continues to make significant strides. It recently donated to the Sagip Kapamilya campaign with Young JV himself delivering the goods to ABS-CBN.

"I also helped repack the goods and joined some of my Kapamilya friends in distributing those in Novaliches," he said.

The hip hop/R&B artist also uses time between gigs to hone his craft. Young JV is undergoing not only voice and dance lessons, but he is attending acting workshops as well.

"You'll never know when opportunity will knock. I want to be ready when it does," said he who is gearing up for a major concert next year with guest performers Billy Crawford and Jay R.

Given the chance, Young JV would like to collaborate with either Rachelle Ann Go or Sarah Geronimo in a way that's similar to Gary Valenciano's team-up with rock band Sponge Cola.

Young JV recently performed at the Private Secondary School Administrators Association of the Philippines 2009 Mr. PRISAAP event held in Iloilo City at the Centennial Resort Hotel. The artist himself won the MR. PRISAAP title in 2006.

He also performed at the AFP Educational Benefit System recognition night titled "Salute To Success," which had AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Victor S. Ibrado as guest of honor.

Young JV endorses apparel company Marc Ecko.

cr: sChiZoO14 @ asianfanatics + MANILA BULLETIN

I'm sure Filipino Blackjacks would really want this to pursue. It's a very great move for 2NE1 too. I think a lot of people would support them there. Let's just hope that it'll happen.

blog comments powered by Disqus

My Monthly Quote

It's pointless to just envy other people's worlds.
I have to change my world myself.


- Sinichi Chiaki,
Nodame Cantabile

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP